02 November 2006

Bread head

My job sometimes gets me down, but overall I count myself lucky that I meet such a variety of people representing endlessly surprising events.

I interviewed a middle-aged man who, on the outside lived a very ordinary and respectable life: wife in a professional occupation and two children all living in their own comfortable home.

What his wife didn't know was that he was buying cannabis and using it as a special added ingredient to the home-made bread mix. He would then make up his sandwich lunch and, well, drift through the rest of the day.

That might have been OK until he decided to stop buying his dope and grow his own. He obtained, quite legally, the necessary equipment and also a packet of seeds and set up a small-scale cannabis production plant using the back of the garage as a nursery, and garden shed to bring on the maturing plants.

Then the police knocked on the door.

It must have been an interesting conversation he and his wife had, when he got back from the police station clutching his bail sheet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home