13 June 2010

Entrepreneur

Day 1 of my reduced hours, and I was up determined to create a productive day.  Quite strange to be in the garden mid-week, and a pleasant jolt of realisation that I now have time to enjoy and savour my surroundings.  Before, the slim 2-day weekends just seemed to disappear in a blur of housework and food shopping.  Now I have more time and space to stand and stare.  Although a bit too much of that might earn me an unfortunate reputation locally.

I was weeding the vegetable plot when I suddenly thought that we have an abundance of lettuce.  Half an hour later there was a plastic table set up on the lane outside and a sign : 'Fresh organic lettuce.  30p'.  In the evening, I counted the takings.   It didn't take long.  One lettuce gone and a boost to my earnings of 30p.  At this rate, I needn't worry too much about engaging an accountant.  But still a modest boost to my confidence that I am capable of generating an income.  Albeit a rather modest one. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home